full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 16, 2008

Objects in Motion

4 degrees at night and a yellowish tinge to many of the leaves on the trees; fastest summer ever. One of the rainiest too.

Every year around this time, one of my friends from highschool throws herself a birthday house party, which becomes my annual highschool reunion to catch up with people I don't see in the intervening time. Back in highschool it was the typical gossip, backstabbing and drama. Through university less of the drama, and more bitching about profs, courses and tuition. Now, 7 years removed from graduation, and 2 or more from university or college, and most of the catching up involved hearing about people rotating through jobs in an attempt to advance careers. Meanwhile I remain static; an object at rest, waiting for enough of a force to get me in motion. One would think plummeting towards debt would instill some kind of energy to do so. Instead, I'm blogging, and waiting for paint to dry on another household 'make-work' project.

On the bright side, at least I haven't lost thousands or millions in the markets the past few days. At least I'm not one of those declaring bankruptcy trying to pay for my $300 000 home, and $50 000 SUV status symbols on a $30k salary. Not working at all has put me in the exact same position as those people at least, nowhere. But with infinitely less energy wasted. At least I have efficiency going for me.