full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 25, 2015

Boom and Bust

The nature of my work typically sees quarterly peaks and valleys in the amount of work that needs to be done. Generally, March, June, September and December are my busiest months, with extra special levels of madness in June and again in December when the month is shortened by the holidays.

I'm just starting to come clear of the blur that's been June now, and realizing that, holy shit, its already the end of June! In less than a month we'll be taking our extended weekend road trip for the Foo Fighters in Boston. Or, at the very least, Boston. Some old friends have graciously offered a pull-down bed to sleep on for the entirety of our stay, and we may actually take them up for one of the two nights we intend to stay in the city.

Some other friends of ours were there a couple weeks back, and highly recommend the Sam Adams brewery tour, which I'm told is a proper tour, and not just a sampling session. They even picked up a kit to convert a growler into a hanging lamp (pictures of which will follow once I have it set up). But, being as we're already stopping in Albany on the way down and hitting a brew pub there, I think we may fore go the Sam Adams stop.

Weekends for the rest of the summer are already quickly filling up and double booking, which means, before I know it, it will be September, and time for the next work rush. The eternal pessimist. Here, look at some ducks: IMG_8937_1

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Oh no!! Don't even mention September!

I guess you are a victim of Dave Grohl's broken leg. You are not having good luck w concerts this year my friend. I think even despite this, your trip will be awesome.

Christielli said...

Oh wait! I just saw the FF shows weren't cancelled. I thought that they had been. Nevermind.