full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

August 25, 2015

Last Week of August

I can't be alone in wondering where this summer went, right?  Add up a couple weekend getaways, a busier than normal work schedule, and putting more time than most seasons into watching baseball, with the Jays being competitive (even odds with the Cardinals and Royals right now to win outright; for what odds makers are worth).  It seems like playoff ticket prices are going to be a bit silly, so, even if given the chance at them, I'm not sure I'll bite.  Between needing some work on my car, having some house upkeep to take care of before the winter, and hopefully replacing my busted ass guitar amp (Marshall, you're supposed to be a mark of quality, a 9 year old amp should not fail for the limited 'rocking' I actually put it through) I don't know that I'll be able to justify the $200 per game rates.It seems like 500 Level outfield tickets might be affordable up until the World Series, should I have access to any.  Having been to many games in the regular season '92-'93 campaigns, and the '91 All Star game, only a playoff game is really left on my Dome bucket list.  Oh, and maybe a Monster Jam?

IMG_9269_2

The 5th or 6th Annual Beer Olympics also got squeezed in the mix, with the take home message being that we're all getting a little older, and further distanced from our college/university levels of energy and stamina.  Some of us learned that lesson harder than others, but thankfully it was neither Carolyn or myself, this time around.

Now the warm weather just has one or two deck parties in store and a Labour Day weekend trip to the cottage where the plan will be to focus on relaxing and having some fun, as opposed to clean up and condensing preparing for likely future sale.  There will be plenty of time for that in the fall.  Of course, hopefully between now and October, the Jays do their best to ruin plans of going away to the cottage in the 3rd week of October.  I love AM radio broadcasts once in a while, but sure as hell not going to go without watching those games on TV.  Forgive me for being such an optimist.  It doesn't happen much around here.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Oh the Jays!!! I'm totally down w investing in tickets to watch them go all the way. This is why I have savings, right???? (Much easier to do when you live in town.)

Oh man, so sad that summer is gone. My brain is in no shape to go back to thinking.