full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

February 20, 2005

Follow the Bouncing Dot

Karaoke should not be allowed in bars with a capacity of less than 100 people. While I don't claim to be able to sing, I also realize that I shouldn't be up infront of a bunch of my buddies pretending to be able to. In a small bar however this dynamic is compounded by a more 'homey' feel, and a higher proportion of those buddies around, and the quality of 'singing' is noticeably decreased from what you'll get at a bigger establishment. Particularly when the person running the set-up is significantly less than sober, and you have to start plugging your ears as the night progresses to block out feedback, and a pack of girls squealing their rendition of Janis Joplin, whom they may have listened to once before that point in time. Perhaps I'm bitter because I wasn't drunk enough not to care.

Today is gonna be assignment day hopefully so I can devote the rest of the week to reading, and delaying that reading as much as possible. I can guarantee my house will be at its cleanest this week as I do everything I can to avoid my school work while still being productive. Funny how that works.

No comments: