full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

July 11, 2006

Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again

It looks like I overestimated the traffic, check-in and security times this morning, so here I sit with an hour before boarding. Once again I'm without internet access, as I was last night again after a strong band of thunderstorms rolled through the Edmonton area and knocked out the power grid.

Around the time that storm was rolling through, I was wandering around between the mountains in the front range of the Rockies in Jasper, a 3 and a half hour drive from Edmonton that I'm glad I made.

What a feeling of distance from everything you get when you're a kilometer up a hiking trail thousands of kilometers from home, your cell phone turned off and left behind in the car. It was all at once incredibly relaxing, but also brought on the pangs off stress. It'll be back to work at the office tomorrow.

Back to the monotony.

I do look forward to having an actual conversation with a human being again though. This morning instead of just saying no to a credit card offer and moving on, I let the woman work through her sales pitch, saving both of us some boredom I suppose, before passing and moving on to my gate.

And so here I sit, contemplating dropping 4 bucks for 15 minutes of net access on the in-house wireless access point. I think some food and the pages of jPod are the better option for the moment.

No comments: