full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

November 08, 2006

Look What Fell in My Lap

Once in a while the University decides to take a break from running the students around, and drops a tasty treat in your lap. In the past any scholarships I've received have all been distributed by the 2nd week of October, so I had given up on the possibility of having some extra cushion for a graduation trip. Imagine my surprise then when a letter and cheque were dropped in my mailbox this morning. Almost enough to make me feel like working an extra bit at all on some assignments to round out the week.

Combine that with the Democrats finally not losing an election down in America, and my surprise check of my Yahoo Fantasy Football Pick 'Em rank, and its been a good day.

My one regret is not showing up for my Quaternary Geology class today, where the cranky old prof in his last term teaching the course, or any other course, apparently straight up told the class we were illiterate. Gotta love it. The guy has been around long enough that there are quite possibly Masters dissertations on his mobile fossil remains. He seems like a nice enough guy, and he knows his field like nobody's business (he has infact written a large proportion of the geological reports for Southern Ontario), but its also quite obvious that he's lost the enthusiasm for the teaching. Its a shame our department doesn't do a better job of bringing in comparable replacements in a more timely fashion. Phrases to the effect of "have a typist transcribe and edit your work" should not appear in the directions for submitted term reports in your higher level educational facilities in the year 2006.

No comments: