full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 15, 2007

Goin' Off The Rails...

I've been annoyed lately with my sleep patterns. One night I can get into bed, nod off, and sleep until the next morning dead to the world, and completely forget any dreams I've had in that time. And then the next night I fall asleep quickly enough, but wake up 20 times through the night with a million different stresses on the mind, as well as the intermixed dream sleep that I tend to remember more vividly on those nights. After finally giving up on sleep, and getting to the day's trivial exercises, I'm still left with an uneasy feeling for hours.

Normally I'd be able to attribute differences in my sleep to some boozing, but that hasn't been the case much lately. The mind-racing sleep isn't anything that's new to me either, its been something that I've done since I was a kid, but not with the same frequency, and it was never as chaotic as it seems now. What I'd like is a big red e-stop button for my brain on those nights. Something to turn all the crap off, and let me just forget about things for a good night's sleep, and a holdover until morning when everything can come rushing back to me. Without the bonuses of a damaged liver, pounding head, and vomiting would be ideal.

Something tells me a winning lottery ticket, and a cereal box degree would take me a long way in finding that stop switch. For now a snow day, and some catch-up reading will have to suffice.