full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 01, 2007

Piles of Papers

Apparently its May 1st already, and two more less than notable weeks have passed in the annals of my life. I keep pushing the boundaries of patience and tolerance with my thesis supervisors, and really, my own brain in not getting my thesis done. I have finally got an introduction more or less completed, but now am swamped in papers to read and past theses that in all honesty should have been read months ago, not looked at for the first time now.

Photo Hosted at BuzznetThe most annoying part of it all is that these bachelor level theses seem to be entirely self serving, and not really of any use beyond making an example of themselves to students, and the occasional reference to them in further BS theses. The two I have checked out from the department library were unopened until I got my hands on them after sitting there for a year already. I'm sure a number of the much older bachelors theses sitting in that library haven't had their pages exposed to the air since they were printed as well.

For now the room renovation has stopped mid demolition, with my rad pulled away from the wall and a tray collecting water from the furnace system as it pumps out excess, with no way for me to cap the old line and its unusual fittings. I'm left with stress building over sitting down to put the thesis together, and walls just waiting to absorb the brunt of that stress, but no justifiable time to go and take a prybar to those walls.