full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 22, 2007

Financial Crisis Averted

After taking a look at some $1000 SLR camera options, I'm glad to have my old camera back. It turns out I really can't hold my liquor as well as in days passed, and I simply left my camera at the bar. Yes the camera has certainly seen better days, and it seems to take grainier shots every time I turn it on, but I can't really ask much more for all the times I've dropped it while pushing cars, or stumbling around bonfires.

I will have to sink some of the money saved in not having to buy a new camera into building up my tolerance again though; an insurance policy against leaving my camera, or any other valuables behind at the bar in the future.

Getting the camera back also allowed me to take some shots of my room before I begin the reconstruction. After disturbing at least one family of mice in my attic last week moving insulation aside to knock down the plaster ceiling, I found that there was already strapping in place for the drop-ceiling that was up. So I've decided that instead of moving around a bunch more insulation, and sweating my balls off in the 40+ degree attic, I'll just hang drywall from the strapping and be done with it.

Of course all that doesn't really interest you, but the pencil sketch of Adolf on the inside of the wall sheathing from the 1940's might? If not that, you can trace the history of colours in the room on the back side of the radiator.

Photo Hosted at BuzznetPhoto Hosted at Buzznet