full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

December 29, 2007

Capitalizing on the Spirit of X-Mas

After looking on and off at Digital SLR cameras for over a year, and moreso since the dollar hit parity with the US, I couldn't pass up the deal on my new Digital Rebel XT.
first posted rebel pic - Photo Hosted at Buzznet
For the most part I had done all the research comparing the entry level SLR models months ago, so it only took a little more reading, and an assuring e-mail from px about the performance of his, albeit higher end, but comparable camera.

 - Photo Hosted at BuzznetAlso impressive was that I got the camera in the mail one and a half business days after I confirmed purchase online, despite the number of units (1000 of my camera model alone) they must have been shipping out. Mark one in favour of the efficiency of a big box chain I suppose.

I've barely scratched the surface on its function use so far, and have been extremely impressed. I've expertly captured (lucked into) some nice shots already, but I'm sure there will be plenty more to come, so I'll hold those back for now, and wow you all with some outstanding birthday shots on my old camera.

 - Photo Hosted at BuzznetDespite only a few of the people 'maybe attending' showing up, the birthday was a blast. Rounds of shots, with not a single prairie fire consumed, NTN trivia, a rumble in the streetside garden 5 feet from the bar, and a scarf not more than 6 hours old (a gift from the girlfriend no less) lost and presumably donated to a homeless man. The hangover didn't even really bring home the fact that I was another year older this time around.

X-mas around here was, as expected, a low key affair. But New Years is going to put an end to all the relaxing, a trip to a friend's cottage for a few days ironically is going to be the least relaxing part of my holidays. Though it should provide some great opportunities to play with my new toy. A lengthy photo post here should follow.

Happy New Year.