full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

December 01, 2007

I Never Went to Junior High

The Catholic school board I was brought up in didn't have a junior high; just elementary and highschool each with its own little divisions, for what mostly seemed to be inter-school sport competition purposes. That said, it was shortly after the middle school/junior highschool time period had I been in school that I started mailing it in effort-wise.

It comes as no surprise then that I haven't written here for a few weeks after having been certified as a junior high accomplished blog 'writer'.

Three months at work has flown by, but it hasn't changed the status of my bachelors thesis, which is still a work in progress. I've stretched the definitions of the words 'work' and 'progress'. Its December 1st, and the people with the gaudiest of x-mas decorations already have them blazing at night. The mall parking lots are packed, and I have next to no ideas for gift giving this year, though I know none of them will be decorative x-mas coffee mugs or glasses.

Why is it that people give these little sets as gifts? 4 or 6 glasses at a time that don't fit with all the other tacky sets that are given during the holidays every year. We have at least 4 different sets sitting in boxes in the fruit cellar that never see the light of day, and likely never will. Its where poinsettia laced, reindeer printed glasses go to die.

And now its time to go dream up gift ideas that are only moderately better than a box of glasses.