full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 18, 2015

And We're Back, Again.

I was at my best when I was regularly reading other people's contributions to this series of tubes. Whimsical, topical, funny, snarky, it didn't matter. I was exploring and reading new things. Reading. Not reacting to 140 character snippets. I'll still do that. It will take time for me to grow out of short, snippy statements. Clearly.

If nothing else, posting again will serve as distraction. There will be added impetus for photography to fill this intentionally minimal theme, unmolested by my wanting to tweak scripts and colour codes. At best, I'll be using all of my letters and words again, and feeling less of an idiot in all its synonymous forms.

When I was minimally creative before, I was looking for new stories, unique experience. I've been hijacked into the same old story, and unchanging experience. At some point, I started living to work, despite my lifelong admonition for 'those kind' of people.

But now, an application in to start taking some courses again, if only to a minimal certificate program, and forcing myself to become re-engaged. I intend to get back to as many of the things as I can when I was still sarcastic and pessimistic, but, un-jaded. We'll see how long this lasts.

Post script
For former or continuing followers, you might notice there are about 5 years of posts missing. Believe me, its not self censorship of any kind. Those posts suffered from my ego, and my thinking I could host a site better than a Wordpress or Blogger. Cloud computing? Redundancy? For the birds.  At least I stayed mostly faithful to Flickr in the interim.
/Post script

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Hey! You are over at blogspot now!