full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 30, 2015

Winter Bitters

As tiresome, miserable, and uncharacteristically busy, for the winter, as my schedule has been at work, its already the end of January.  The schedule is finally seeing some relief, just in time for the start of my first credited course in...7 years??  Speaking of time flying.

Anyway, Superbowl has rushed up already, and while I haven't cared this little about the game in a while (maybe its Tom Brady's soft balls turning me off?), I'll actually be able to relax and enjoy it this year, without angst about my team, or being a good host.  Those two things tend not to go hand in hand anyway.  The angst, and the hosting; not Tom Brady's balls.

I also finally got around to watching the Sonic Highways specials, which were pretty good, though sometimes all over the place in the story-telling, which Sound City did a much better job with.  There's been somewhat of a Foo Fighters/all things Dave Grohl binge around here since Carolyn trumped my birthday gift idea for her, Foo Fighters in Toronto tickets, with, obviously superior,  Foo Fighters at Fenway Park tickets for my own birthday.

Unfortunately the All Star Game is the week of the concert (likely the reason Fenway is free in July for a show), and the Red Sox only play the weekend before and the weekend after, so we won't get to see any actual baseball.  But I'm still hoping we can take a tour and have some fried chicken and beer in the clubhouse.  We may also work in a half day stop at Cooperstown either on the drive there or back, which surely atones for not seeing a game at Fenway.  Right?

There also seem to be more than a few craft breweries through upstate New York and Massachewsits.   Needless to say, it should be a great trip.  And the planning is welcome positive distraction to get me through my winter bitterness, along with some timely winter bitters releases from the local craft breweries.

Now I just need to find a new birthday gift idea in the next month.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Wow! That's a great gift and sounds like an amazing trip! I have been to Cooperstown when I was about 10. Was my dad's dream trip.

Happy belated!