full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 27, 2015

Market Saturation

After years of being envious of Europe for all its music festivals, it seems there's a big push in North America to have more weekend style festivals.

Just within a couple hours driving radius this summer, I could choose from:

-Hillside, Guelph
-Big Music Fest, Kitchener
-Riverfest, Elora
-Field Trip, Toronto
-NXNE, Toronto
-Bestival, Toronto

But with tickets for 2 big shows already this summer, and the costs inherent with going to Boston for one of them, I'm not sure if a festival is in the cards.  Especially with lineups, that, while interesting, are nowhere near the caliber of Coachella, Lollapalooza, or Rock Werchter.

Riverfest will be my pick if I do decide I have more disposable income.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I did Hillside one year and it was incredible.

I LOVED Field Trip the past two years, but I'm not going this year 'cuz I'm not excited by the line up.

Bestival and NXNE fall during prime stress time for me, so I never do much other than free weekend NXNE shows like The National a couple years ago.

Do you know about TURF? (Toronto Urban Roots Fest) It's a fave of mine but moved to Sept this year.

But I hear you on economizing. I hate being a grown-up.