full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 05, 2015

Row Over a Row

Early in the winter, I decided that a rowing machine would probably get a lot more use than our failing treadmill, and offer more of a full body workout, all while allowing me to watch a couple shows, or some sports.

In March, true to form, I finally pulled the trigger on buying a machine, well rated all across the interwebs, but a little more expensive than I might have opted for, had I not screwed up my first rough run through of my tax return.  In the end though, I'm glad I paid the premium.  Despite a technical issue still keeping me from logging my workouts to a flash drive properly, the company has a well organized website, a great community of users on the workout log portal, and has been very prompt and engaging in trying to work out the USB drive issue, though through an increasing e-mail chain.

Maybe its still the newness of it, but I've also managed to log my target average of 20km per week, except for the week I had the flu, despite an accelerating field work schedule.  And now baseball is starting for real, which should mean easy, distracted workouts while watching games on the 'off' days.

If I keep up the pace, the machine will have paid off the equivalent of a gym membership by the time the Jays baseball season is done (in early November...instead of early September this year) and hopefully will still be whooshing right along.  Hell, I might even be fit by then!

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Rowing machines are great! Back when I was fit and had a personal trainer, he made me row a lot!

Christielli said...

He made me do a wicked workout where I would row 100 m, hop off and do 12 squat/dumbell lifts, do 200 m, 12 quat/dumbell lifts... all the way to 1000 m.

It was a great way to do cardio and weight-training at once!