full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 05, 2006

Jr. Canada!

Final Score: Canada 5 - Russia 0*.

I predicted before the World Junior Final tonight that Canada would have it won before the end of the 2nd period.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com


I guess I was right. But to be fair there's an asterisk next to that Russia score up there. Russia technically scored a goal with the score 2-0 but because of the hurried face-offs in international competition to get away from the dragging play more typical of the NHL, they were unable to go upstairs in time for a video review. At the time my thoughts were that the goal should be allowed when its so clearly a goal. Sure it can change the ebb and flow of the game, but I still think Canada had it locked up, and I sure I'm not alone in wanting to win fair and square than amidst controversy.

The TSN analysts too were quick to point out that if things were the other way, there would have been mass protest in the streets.

It would have been a closer game I think, but not much...Gretzky might have even been bang on in his 4-1 pre-game prediction. The bottom line here is Canada wins, and they're gonna have an amazing team coming back next year, watch out! And the Vancouverites managed to not completely blow the roof off GM Place so that our boys and girls can win the gold there again in the 2010 Olympics.

Great tourney guys!

No comments: