full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 22, 2006

Now We're Cookin With Fire...

...okay, well I'm not so much cooking with fire, as a new more efficient electric stove. My day yesterday was almost entirely consumed with re-doing the wiring, or I mean, for insurance purposes, having a certified electrician come in and re-do the wiring for our new stove. We picked it up during boxing week, but only yesterday finally got fed up with it sitting in the dining room taking up space.

As much as I like living in an older house for its cozyness, and generally solid construction, there are certain things in this place that still make me go "huh"? 8 hours of saw, plaster and concrete dust, an old wrist injury reaggravated, and some torn up knuckles later, we should be saving some money on our electric bills over our 20 year old alternative.

I also have the feeling that the new stove is going to lead an increased amount of baked goods for a bit until the novelty of the new toy wears off.

To relax for the evening I went out to a buddy's place and caught the end of what seemed like a good indie Australian movie "He Died With a Felafel In His Hand". Random dry humour is always good times. I also finally saw The 40 Year old Virgin. It was alright I guess, but didn't live up to the way some people went on about it.

Today is all about football, american football, and trying to get caught up in the distance ed course I'm supposed to be doing but haven't touched yet. So far its been a struggle to maintain my attention, and that's why I'm here.

No comments: