full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

January 01, 2006

Whoa! I've just been told its 2006.

Okay, so I kinda of ranted off on those end of year round-ups and lists and whatnot, but I got suckered into one cleverly disguised over at the Washington Post by Dave Barry. Funniest thing I've seen or read in weeks, and definitely worth your time.

Most of the observations he makes on the general public not giving half of two shits are sadly bang on. People feign concern and get worked up for a time, and then forget about it completely until the year comes to an end, and even then I really don't think many people this time of year are giving much of their thought to serious news, especially with the distinct lack of a catastrophic earthquake and subsequent tsunami.

Matt Good also made an excellent post yesterday on where our priorities lie. Again, well worth the read.

2006 is off with a chuckle and a bang!

No comments: