full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 12, 2005

Antiques Roadshow Circa 2095

I was going through a bunch of old computers today looking for a couple old cards to give to a buddy to test out, and a couple thoughts hit me. The first was that I really need to do something about my unhealthy urge to save anything and everything, particularly when it comes to electronics (stereo equipment, speakers, computers, keyboards etc.). The second, somewhat paradoxically to the first, was that some of this shit will show up on antiques roadshow some day, or maybe Google antiques roadshow. They will invent a way to make the search engine as glib and dry as those that host the show now, and then it will proceed to tell the unknowing posessor of an IBM 80386 motherboard that their piece of junk could fetch as much as 40 quadrillion dizzles (adjusted for inflation and ebonics spread in North America). Now I can't give you any relative terms, but chances are a bag of milk will cost 47 quadrillion dizzles at the same point in time. I really have to stop hanging on to this shit.

No comments: