full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 06, 2005

"...I just don't know what to do with myself..."

A couple long trips to one of the field sites this week allowed me a lot of time to read, and I managed to finish 1984 (I can't read as quickly as I used to be able to). I loved it. If you haven't done so, read it, no questions asked, in the interest of the Party. But really though, while not wholly prophetic, it was never meant to be a prediction, just a commentary, and a good job is done at portraying a society of 'the future' that follows blindly what its leaders pass on, or what is the accepted norm. Obviously this aspect of the prediction isn't really far from the truth, at least in some parts of the world. I'm going to order Animal Farm on Amazon ASAP. I'm going to try to use this summer to catch up on some of the big literary pieces that I should probably have read by now, had I not shunned the whole overanalysis of writing in highschool english.

I'm looking into buying myself a domain and hosting for a year for my site. Photobucket doesn't seem to always like loading all the pics I have linked, and I feel guilty about throwing them on the host server for the site now. I'll be more free to put a bunch of content on and such, but I'll have to weigh whether or not I feel it worth the money. I could probably offer to host pictures and small sites for a select few people as well, depending on how much bandwidth and storage I am willing to pay for.

This is my first couple days of completely free time without exams or field work to worry about since late March, so I plan to spend this weekend watching basketball (Steve Nash for MVP) and baseball, and relaxing outside in this weather that is almost beginning to resemble decent spring conditions. I hope everyone else is enjoying the Yankees' sucking it up so far with their monstrous payroll full of old men with contracts too big to trade, and having already traded away all the good young talent.

No comments: