full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 28, 2005

Weird Place

I'm at a weird place in my life, with one of my strong resentmentments growing on me. I have this dislike to growing old, but I feel older and older everyday, and moreso lately when I try to go out and get in on throwin a baseball around or shootin some hoops. I always come away with aches and pains that I didn't have as a kid, and probably should have even at my age now. Despite this, it has become common practice for me to make sure there is ice, or a bag of frozen vegetables in the freezer before I depart on one of my sporting misadventures. The really disturbing part about all this is that I am still young enough to get carded at the beer store 5 out of 6 times I go. I'm going to try to get out a little more frequently though, and hope that repetition will build whatever I am lacking, and not have me limping around or moving gingerly in the days following.

Speaking of limping around, there was what I at least thought was an injured bird sitting on the roof outside my bedroom window this afternoon. It was at least not well in the sense that I was able to walk right up to it to look at it and give it some food. Eventually it actually flew away in what appeared to me to be normal flight, so presumably it was just a really spaced out bird, or desensitized to the presence of humans.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Every time I walk through the park or near a plaza with a couple fast food restaurants, especially around campus, I am reminded of how adjusted birds are become to the presence of humans, and apparently in some cases dependant on us. But I guess there's nothing that can be done about that.

Sidney Crosby just scored again...granted it was a total fluke, but the kid is amazing. Hopefully he'll some day have an NHL to play in. And dating myself again, I just realized I called Sidney Crosby a kid, while I still remember the days I looked up to 18 year olds entering the NHL as veterans of life. Oh how time flies.

No comments: