full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

November 02, 2005

Hump Day

Wednesdays suck. They suck almost as much as Mondays. Those two lead the pack in being filled with suck. Aside from them being the busiest day in my schedule, it has its own universal flaws.

Wednesdays lie right in the middle of the week, right in the thick of working or going to school. The memories, those that you retained, from the weekend are fading, and Friday is still too far away to bring the promise of new ones. Its got nothing for the religious people out there. Its got nothing for social customs. Its completely useless.

The one time saving grace of any given non-Sunday was that TV schedules might align with your taste and give you a show to look forward to, on Wednesday at 9 for example. But now we live in the age of Tivo, and PVRs, and DVRs, and DVDs, and the internet, and can watch just about anything we want, whenever we want it (provided its got enough of a following).

I'm glad most of my Wednesday is over.

And on the most recent Tuesday in my schedule, i.e. yesterday, my signed copy of Stiff arrived from sunny L.A. Tony went above and beyond to do me a favour and package a book for my buddy with it, and I plan on getting started on it sometime before next Wednesday.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: