full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

November 22, 2005

"I believe I can see the future cause I repeat the same routine..."

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.comOne day runs into the next with only the subtlest of differences between them. Each day the air gets a bit more crisp, and the wind a bit sharper in the lungs, and motivation slightly decreased.

One need only look as far as my grades during winter terms to see how much the cold weather takes out of me, although it seems counter intuitive. In the winter with its lack of daylight, and cold shutting me indoors should do nothing but provide time to churn out the reams of arbitrary assignment answers, and stay properly studied up. But it just takes the piss right out of me, and makes me wanna get pissed in my own special way.

Of late I just sit here blankly scrolling through blogs and the news, after a short time not actually absorbing the words and pictures, just seeing them and going through the motions so as to avoid doing any real work. But then I turn on the TV and lay watching a Billy Crystal movie marathon on Bravo until 4 in the morning, or sports highlights until 3, while thinking in circles, but never actually motivating myself.

Aside from the cold taking any drive out of me to get on my bike and pedal in to class, it also does a number on the low cost (read 'free') outdoor activities. At the best of times its hard to get people out to play a game of baseball, or pick-up football, as soon as it drops regularly below 10 degrees, it ends completely. On a tight budget you're left with few other options I suppose than those I've been doing, and those that I will do tomorrow. I hear Vegas is giving 7 to 1 odds on the day after tomorrow being the same.

No comments: