full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

November 08, 2005

"Watch out for falling coconuts!"

I went out tonight for an end of season bbq/get together with my rec soccer team, which ended up leading to a wide ranging, and hilarious series of topics.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comFrom gay nude beaches near UBC, and Fabio types, to warning signs from around the world, to stepping in warm dog and cat shit, to horny rabbits who use towels as sex toys, when you hang out with a bunch of geoscientists, you're guaranteed to hear some well travelled, twisted stories, no holds barred.

From the beaches of Costa Rica, to the bottom of caverns in New Mexico, from the volcanoes of Hawaii to the redwoods of Vancouver. Its why I fell into the field of study I'm in in the first place; the outdoors, the natural sights, the travelling. For now most of it is all related to me through the experience of others, but I have a few my own claims to great sights abroad, with only the promise of more in the future.

Its nights like these, amidst the laughter, and low comedy that I am reminded of why I put up with some of the shitty, useless courses that I do, and the overly redundant assignments and labs. In the end it will pay off, and I will be left in a field where travelling, and taking in the sights are part of the job description.

Tomorrow night promises to be filled with the same kind of hilarity on our undergrad organized tour of one of the local breweries and the likely subsequent stumble down to one of the bars down the street.

Sure I should be keeping a firm grip on my pennies. Sure I've got x-mas shopping to do shortly. But there's nothing that says that I can't have a little more fun now, while I'm relatively young and moderately able bodied. It only comes once, and I am getting to the point where I'm starting to regret letting my years roll by too quickly while I stand idly by with more aches, pains and scars seemingly each day.

No comments: