full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

August 21, 2006

Playing Catch Up

I wasn't even a star in the wedding, and wow what a hectic few days its been. But all in all a success. A success in that nothing went horribly wrong at the ceremony. A success in that there were only minor issues with the reception, most of those likely driven by the open bar. And a success in that 2 days later I think I've caught up on my sleep, and that my liver has been rinsed through enough to keep going with normal day to day stuff and not feel like I should be at a meeting.

After waking up yesterday morning to go help the best man take care of rounding up all the tuxes so I could run them back today, I got roped into helping polish off the mountains of leftover food just from the rehearsal dinner. Then, 'since I was around', which was a common theme for most of the afternoon, I helped move some decent old couches, that I spent at least a few drunken nights on in my younger years, out of his parents living room. Then, it was across the city to move a substantially more heavy, hell downright tank, of a La-Z-Boy to replace the old duds.

Forget wasting money on gym memberships, I'm telling you right now, all you gotta do is spend a few weeks helping carry couches, bedsets and mattresses around.

But after all was said and done, I received enough free leftover beer to restore any beer gut that I may have shed and more. Of course my liver was still aching a bit from the previous two nights of open bar drinking, so I just came home fell asleep for a few hours and then started trucking through the first season of Lost, since its apparently only catching bits and pieces that has left me with a less than amazed impression of the show. We'll see what happens.

And as I just glimpsed at my cellphone on my desk, I must have gotten a voice-mail while I was asleep yesterday aft...what sounds like a friend holding up a phone to an audio promo for Snakes on a Plane, awesome. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard, I'd have call display and give em a shoutout. If I wasn't even more of a cheap bastard than people might really think, I'd actually consider going to the theatre to see it, instead of waiting a couple months for the DVD. If there's one thing stinginess teaches you, its patience.

No comments: