full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

August 01, 2006

Too Much of a Good Thing

I love the summer heat. I don't mind working up a good sweat from as little as taking the garbage out to the curb. And I don't generally mind coping with it all without the benefit of a/c. But when I start losing sleep for consecutive nights then it starts to wear on me.

Photo Hosted at BuzznetSo this evening I've given in, turned off my PC and fan and moved my stuff to the basement; below the main floor where the rest of the family has had the window conditioner running, adding to the record high power consumption numbers. With all the cool air sinking down the stairs into the basement where the temperature is moderate year round, I figured I'd be better off with a bit of a musty. damp smell, than sweltering one more night upstairs.

The basement also has the benefit of my new stereo surround receiver and a clearer signal on the coaxial to watch the Jays begin their most important series of the season so far against the Yankees. Of course from here til the end, it goes without saying that every series against the Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, and Twins is the most important of the season so far.

Bernie Williams just cleared the bases with a double, isn't he in a home yet? Must be nice to have a higher payroll for your eight starting position players than just about every other teams entire roster. What? You're sick of my bitching about the Bronx Bankrolls? Too bad for you, but I'm done for now.

Here's hoping I get a good night's sleep tonight so I can attempt to dredge up some creativity for round 3 of Nick's competition. I'm sitting in an okay position, but am gonna need to step it up if I want me a mix tape. I'd whore for your votes at this point, but Nick has gone and claimed the role of judge, jury and island kickeroffer so, maybe I can just get you to go whore him in my name?

No comments: