full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

October 28, 2006

Proving The Cosmologists Wrong

Here I am. I managed to break free of the black hole that was the last 2 weeks of assignments, labs and midterm exams. Some of the early assignment and exam marks are in with alright results, but I have this feeling that those are going to fall off a bit with the later stuff at which point I was all but burnt out. The important thing though is that its all behind me, and should be relatively smooth sailing for the rest of the term.

Of course spending time with the girl (and by girl I mean girl, Nick) has been worked in there too, but what I lost in sleep, I made up for in having kept my sanity. Sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to live at home still, but not have my mother still try to 'parent' me. As long as I do a reasonable amount of work around the house to keep things in order, I tend to be exempt from the clichéd rants on how this is 'still her roof', or how 'I'll understand when I'm a parent' (an argument which has obvious flaws with me).

Well, some parents aren't quite as laid back about things anymore, particularly with the daughter versus son double-standard. Sure 5:30am is a bit late to get home, maybe, but I know I wouldn't have to deal with the questions the next day. I've definitely cemented the role as the bad boyfriend anyways. Its one of the issues I didn't think I'd have to deal with with having a slightly older girlfriend as well, but all in all, some are just luckier than others in their pursuit of an education while surviving on more than past expiry foods, and beer.

No comments: