full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

April 08, 2005

3 Down...

4 to go....exams of course. I just had Geotechnical Engineering 1 make me its bitch, but then, as long as I passed I'm happy...I don't need to know the fundamentals of foundation design and dam building. Yet another of those mostly useless courses selected by the faculty as a requisite. Its Friday afternoon, its sunny, its moderately warm, and I don't have another exam til Monday and Tuesday, so I'm gonna relax and try to forget about school for the day.

Woke up this morning to a painful roundtable discussion and analysis of the Pope's funeral. Obvious questions, obvious answers, but at least no passing on of illogical doctrines or preventing the use of condoms to prevent disease or anything, so I guess it was a win for the church.

And how about them Blue Jays! They're leading the American League! Granted, the season's only 3 games in but hey, when you're a fan of a team in the AL East that isn't well hung financially like Boston, New York and Baltimore, you'll take anything you can get. I actually think they have a nice solid line-up...solid defense (at least 2 gold glovers), good contact hitting. The problem is gonna be pitching, particularly from the pen, although there's a little bit of money to work with yet if someone worthwhile comes on the market and the Jays are halfway competitive still at that point. Time will tell, I can't hope for too much, being as I've already been blessed in sports this year with not having to watch, hear or otherwise experience Maple Leafs fans ramble on about how this is the year. There IS no year. And while we're on the hockey topic, not to be overly cocky or anything, but when is the world gonna do something about women's hockey because really, there's not much drama to 13-0, 12-0 and 10-0 victories. At least when the men kick some ass, there's a brief, whiff of something that could possibly be a remote opportunity at an upset.

No comments: