full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 01, 2006

Fuck Your Short Memory

Goddamn I am sick of computers and their neverending stream of bullshit no matter how much you get to understand them. I haven't posted the past few days because I've been once again fighting with a harddrive that doesn't want to function as advertised. Long story short, bought a new drive in an effort to swap a board to save my oldest drive. That didn't work. Swapped te board back, new drive worked fine, decided I would make that my new 'operating system' drive. Formatted part of the old drive, installed Winblows on the new one. I boot up the system, and see that three quarters of the files that I copied over to the other partition, and opened AFTER i copied them to check they had done so, had once again disappeared. The following three days have been spent recovering old files, and having them disappear once again, and trying to get them to a separate drive before they disappear.

Needless to say, being that I did everything right on my end this time and still lost all the files I was trying to keep, I've been pretty pissed at computers. I hate typing on my laptop keyboard as well, which seems to have a tendency to miss one in every 5 keystrokes, and really makes for even more disjointed writing than usual, so I haven't bothered until now, where I had to do something to avoid taking a large hammer to my small computer.

No comments: