full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

May 13, 2006

Where's That Confounded Bridge?

Canoeing is all fun and games til you run head on into a bridge pier. Yea that's right. A lesson to you all, make sure you canoe with someone that has a bit of experience with a canoe and will pay attention to what's going on, and you should be able to avoid these kinds of issues.

Of course I can sit and pass the blame, but it was half my fault too, zigged when I shoulda zagged, and boom, watch my brother almost faceplant into the bridge pillar, crack the canoe, take on a bunch of water, and have the current spin you around and carry you on down the river backwards. To my credit, I did keep the canoe from flipping and us goin for a swim in the still somewhat chilly water.

I still managed to run us into a huge ass bridge though, not exactly my finest hour. Now I'll have to reclaim my Canadian citizenship through the clever use of duct tape to fix the canoe. Aside from that, I'm completely exhausted, and have aches in muscles in my back that I didn't know existed: all in all a fun day.

No comments: