full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 16, 2006

Clocks in Reverse

Today has been the longest day ever....except for the hour I spent at the nearby sports bar watching the first half of the Netherlands game. I was hoping to stick around for all of it, but again, you win some and lose some. It happened to be the bar I spent most of my pre-kindergarten childhood in with my parents, and has stayed successful enough to keep staff around for 20 some years.

Of course, being the prick that I am, I did my best to make the people I recognized feel old by letting them know who I was after not having been there much since I was maybe 10. Since that timeframe also precludes my parents split and subsequent divorce, there were some interesting and awkward moments to be had.

And then Cote D'Ivoire scored and cut the Dutch lead in half and I had to divert some attention back to the game until halftime. I was hoping to come back to the office and find a live stream, but unless I find a way to proxy myself as a UK resident and grab the BBC stream, I think I'm shit out of luck for doing that in the future. The Netherlands won, and have advanced to the round of 16, that's all that matters for now anyways.

Now I have to find a way to turn all the clocks in this office here forward a couple hours.

No comments: