full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 27, 2006

Cutting Glass

Its almost July already. Daily 20 degree highs, with typical southwestern Ontario humidity. And along with those muggy days come the businesses that insist on keeping their establishment feeling like an ice rink so as you don't dare venture back outside. Now, I can appreciate a THO just like the next guy, its just one of those things you notice, but lets get realistic people. Every place I went into today made me feel like I was being punished for not bringing a hoodie in with me.

When the air circulation is so quick that you can smell that distinctive odour of the air conditioning unit, you've got it cranked way the hell too high people. I understand its nice to have a reprieve from the heat. Infact its a necessity for those with children to look after or the elderly, but I am pretty sure they could handle a nice dry 23 or 24 degrees and not drop over dead. At least not with heat as a cause (cue paranoia over West Nile or Bird Flu?). It is entirely unnecessary to make me feel like its a cool day in September when I'm grabbing a coffee or browsing through some CD's. And its even moreso when I am vigorously involved in sitting idly at my desk. Am I alone on this one?

Anyways, the forecast is looking great for Saturday night, although true to form, people are being non-committal or backing out altogether so I don't know that I'll have the turnout to make a keg cost effective. Sure I could keep it on ice for the remainder of the weekend, but even I can't drink a keg, less a few pitchers, by myself in 3 days. I suppose I could just store it in the nearest Timmys since they're halfway to a walk-in refrigerator in there anyways.

No comments: