full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 13, 2006

Finding Netherlands

There are commercials to the tune that during world cup in europe coincides with the highest incidence of people skipping out on work 'sick'. I think for Friday's Netherlands - Ivory Coast game I may have to skew the North American statistics as well. Odds are I'll be sitting on my ass in the office accomplishing nothing but reviewing some boring, dry and repetitive pdfs that likely won't really apply to anything I'll ever run into in my work.

Yesterday I managed to squeeze out into the field just long enough to take an extended lunch at a Boston Pizza and see the Czechs feed it to the U.S. in high def. Of course the North American media skews it as something shocking being as the American team has worked hard to get themselves up to a world ranking of 5th.

While 3-0 is a pretty bad whipping, people seem to forget that the Czechs are currently number 2. I'm not exactly sure how they're ahead of the Netherlands at 3rd spot who beat them twice 2-0 in qualifying for the cup, but generally rankings don't mean much anyways. And they won't when it comes down to a Dutch versus Brazil final either. You heard it here first. I've got money on it...but you probably shouldn't follow suit. Gambling is bad mmmmmk?

The one sure bet is that this week is going to drag on forever. Hopefully the weather stays alright for a beach road trip this weekend.

No comments: