full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 15, 2005

Disenchanted

I have had enough of school for the next while. This term has been a struggle for me right from day one, simply because most of the courses are not interesting to me, and compounded by poor teaching of most of them. Now granted, the poor teaching isn't a valid excuse as part of the university experience is refining how to learn on your own, and find the necessary material to teach yourself new concepts, but when the material is uninteresting, and you are still expected to meet the knowledge requirements that any given professor expects, it becomes a bitch of a task. There's a meeting next week in which the students can voice their appraisal of the department. We've had these kind of things before, usually with limited actual change, but I'm going to try to make some points on changing the program to be more relevant to any given specialization so that in any term there are at least a couple worthwhile, interesting courses interspersed with the other requisites. At least then it won't seem like entire terms are total write-offs like this one has been thus far.

I've had one term like this before, the second term of first year which, not by coincidence I'm sure, fell during the winter term as well. But the material that term still had concepts in it that I realized would be important down the road so I plugged on....I just don't have the stamina or motivation to keep that up this term with material I'll never see again. I really wish I could afford the $12.5M US for this gem, and live the rest of my life eating crabs, fish and coconut:



Who's coming with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am you slut