full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 09, 2005

Next Week on COPS: Canada

This past week has been quite the series of events across this country. 4 RCMP officers shot on a farm in Alberta before the gunman turned the barrel on himself. A man in Toronto throws his 5 year old daughter off the Don Mills bridge onto the 401, the busiest highway in Canada, and if I'm not mistaken, all of North America, and then jumps himself. The girl's outcome is as yet undetermined as she lays in intensive care. A guy in downtown Toronto wielding knives in the street is run down by the police, and pinned between a cruiser and a street sign. A gas attendant in Maple Ridge BC is rundown trying to chase down two kids stealing $12 worth of gas. And to top it off, a protester sets himself on fire in a rental van infront of the Provincial Legislature buildings in Toronto. I don't know what's so special about this week, but this seems abnormal, at least for Canada.

Hopefully all this isn't a sign of things to come, or I think I might just run off and live in the woods for the rest of my life, and live off those crazy white and blue berries, and whatever wild rodents I can catch. Or maybe I'll make friends with a pack of wolves and they'll take me in as one of their own, and teach me how to hunt by scent and howl like nobody's business. Then they can make a multi-million dollar Hollywood action adventure about me with no real meaning, a fairly weak plot, but lots and lots of blood, and guts, and claws, and growling....and new wacky, tacky explosive weapons, every good action movie HAS to have explosions after all.

No comments: