full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 31, 2005

And So It Begins...

My first final of the term was this aft. Given the limited studying I put in I'd venture to say it went pretty well, much better than I see for the next 6 exams over the next 3 weeks, but at least the weather is shaping up such that I can study out on my balcony with a beer or two, and take the monotonous edge of the process away.

Today was a busy day in the news too with the Pope receiving his Sacrament of the Sick, and the inevitable passing of Terri Schiavo. I found the hypocrisy in the regard quite strong, but not at all surprising:

President George W Bush, who offered his sympathies to her parents Bob and Mary Schindler, said he was attached to a "culture of life".

Mr Bush urged those who backed the Schindlers to "continue to work to build a culture of life where all Americans are welcomed and valued and protected, especially those who live at the mercy of others".


I suppose he meant a "culture of [North American] life". I guess he clarifies later though in his assurance that Americans are "valued and protected", which is an important distinction since obviously non-American innocent people at the "mercy of others" are far less 'valuable'.

No comments: