full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 22, 2006

Hoarse

Photo Hosted at BuzznetI was bang on in figuring the work would start piling on this week. Tuesday's 9 and a half hours straight of class, without break, was a real winner in my books, and I can't wait to do it again for the next 4 weeks. I'm pretty much locked into the thesis project I didn't really want now, although the meeting I had today kinda had the thesis going in a more interesting direction. Here's hoping.

Of course, I could have been misinterpreting everything that was said because I was pretty spaced out all morning from the vast quantities of hydroxyls consumed last night. My voice is still raspy from having to yell over the live band, who played with some great energy all night long for a party cover band. It was kind of an awkward set-up in the bar, but everyone seemed like they had a good time.

After the band stopped playing, we stumbled down the street to hit up another bar to close down. Now, I know waitresses have to deal with all the stupid drunks, and just general outright idiots, so when they keep a sense of humour about things at closing time while they're trying to clean up for the night, they deserve a shout-out. In particular was the waitress last night who, upon one drunken buddy telling her how a couple other drunken buddies cock-blocked him by telling some girl he had gonorrhea, replied with "You know what the best part of you having gonorrhea is? The 'gone' part". Line of the night.

And now its time for the weekend again, which is itself looking pretty hectic with a hiking trip pencilled in for tomorrow, our first slo-pitch league game Sunday, and compiling a bunch of previous data for my thesis to prepare for sampling next week. In that realm, things to do items are racking up a hell of a lot faster than the things already done. Time to go attempt to turn that around.

No comments: