full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 14, 2006

Now That Wasn't So Bad Was It?

The first week back to classes is usually a joke. This term was no different. Already I'm sitting, doing my best to will the professor through the material faster. Of course once all the assignments and labs start rolling out next week, I'm gonna get bogged down quickly.

So this week I just let it roll at its own slow pace and didn't put in any undue effort, aside from a bunch of us cleaning up our student lounge, so as to be able to lounge like students in it. Our foosball table needs to be rebuilt, but the new dart board and air hockey table are good to go in my attempt to earn a 6th credit for the term in gamesroom domination.

I also managed to finally get myself on an actual, league play involved, slo-pitch team. Will I take it a bit too seriously? Probably. I'm a bit competitive, but not to the point of yelling and screaming at umps, who are after all volunteering anyways as far as I know. At the very least it'll get me fit to the point where my shoulders and hamstrings aren't taut like guitar strings 5 days after playing like they are right now. And I'll feel better about taking some kind of advantage of the ever climbing tuition like that Cliff Hangers game in the Price is Right, but without the possibility of ever falling off.

The school sure hasn't pumped that money into better wireless support in the Earth Sci building since I left, but seems to have put a ton of money into our student dive bar, making it into a more upscale bar, and less into a student dive bar, like the feel for a campus bar SHOULD be. I can guarantee Douglas Coupland won't be mentioning it in any more books again any time soon. Clearly not the worst thing to happen at post-secondary school this week though.

Anyways, 4 day weekend starts....now! Go have fun with bubble paper.

No comments: