full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

July 15, 2005

Furnace Friday

Well, I managed to not go to the Matt Good show in St. Catherines last night and apparently missed out on an awesome set, and am now kicking myself. So I went out and spent the money I would have spent there (plus some) on some new speakers to go with my new deck from last week.

I spent 45 minutes installing them in my aforementioned pimpmobile. Not that installing speakers is by any means hard work, but I had a sweat goin in there in no time with all the windows and doors open. I don't really notice it when I'm driving with the windows down all the time (A/C's busted). It sounds solid in there now though. Now I just need to find somewhere to go with it. The plan is to go to algonquin for part of the second last week of August, although there seems to have been an apparent change in enthusiasm for letting me have the van for that week so I'll have to take it as it comes, and offer to cover part of a rental or something perhaps.

Plans for this weekend are to do a little nothing, followed with a dose of nadda, and topped with a serving of zip before we start up drilling again next week, in which I'll probably pump out another 60 hours in 5 days. Especially encouraging are the reports which say this heat and humidity here is going to last thru til early August. While I've stated in the past that I love the heat and all, I tend to love it more for lounging around and not being particularly productive. Not bustin my ass doing rock sampling. It'll be good for me though.

Anyone paying attention will also notice that I've changed my formatting up a bit again. If you've got any comments and criticisms, throw em in comments. Still hoping to make a couple changes in the next little bit, including HaloScan for all those comments I get (and moreso as a new toy to play with).

Happy Friday!

No comments: