full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 20, 2006

Domo Arigato

Today I took another step in becoming one with the digital world, finally getting around to getting a cell phone. I decided it was time with work starting soon and with my own wheels that may break down at just about any time. I had restraint, no fancy toys or anything, although I did neglect to get a phone I could download my own ringtones to via a cable, so now if I want anything beyond Fur Elise as a ringtone I'm going to have to pay 2 bucks a crack. Thems the breaks.

I've never been impressed by camera phones, and even less with the tools who sit in a lecture waving their shit in the air trying to take a picture of each slide. Its web capable, but I haven't figured out exactly what the terms of service are for that, nor do I really care...that's what computers or one day a blackberry are for.

You'll never see me with repetitive stress injury from texting everybody and everyone, nor will I be the tool walking around with a headset talking and making you think I'm addressing you. And don't count on hearing the latest Fitty Cent beat rockin' out of my pocket. This is my pledge of good cell phone ethics...and yes I'm judging the rest of you.

No comments: