full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 01, 2006

February In A Blink

Time has this way of crusing on by when you're extremely preoccupied with accomplishing nothing. I can't say that I am disaffected by that, with the mercury (and by mercury I mean the Weather Network plugin in my messenger) reading minus 8 outside still. Whatever brings on the spring faster I will gladly embrace at this point, because I am going nuts being cooped up in the house by the cold.

Its so much easier to roll out of bed and then actually get up and be productive, or at least active when the sun is out in full force, and isn't being directed back at your pupils from the drifts of snow across the lawn. But with the relatively late onset of winter this year, I should probably prepare myself for this for a while longer.

Being the first of March already, I'm just hoping at this point to not have to wear gloves by the time I start my mainly outdoors related work in May. At the same time, I can't wait to start that work, because the funds are now excessively low again, and a quick rough in of my income tax has me looking at a return a tenth as much as last years. Not quite what I was hoping for. I guess what this calls for is for me to clean my life up a bit and stop sinking money into booze and various tickets. I'm not happy til I'm productive and have money, I won't have money until I'm productive, and I won't be acceptably productive til the weather picks up. I guess that leaves contentment in either the Caribbean, or May...somehow I think May will come first.

No comments: