full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 07, 2006

Top o' the mornin'

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.comI set my alarm for 6:55 this morning to get up and chauffer my mom to work and grab the van to get some stuff done today, and was surprised so much by the sunshine warming my room that I only hit the snooze button once. Its so much easier to get up and make something of yourself when the sun's up fooling you while you're wiping the sleep outta your eyes that its warm outside. Of course, by the time you realize its not, you're already awake and out of bed.

The forecast is still looking good for the end of the week, and being a few days closer, I'm a little more willing to believe in it. Weather above the freezing point opens so many doors for getting things done, not the least of which will be getting my bike on the road and working off some of this build up from sitting around all day waiting for it to be warm.

It turns out I might be starting my 'summer' work term a few weeks early. While that then opens the possibility of probably working in some snow yet this year, it also means a spring flood of cash flow in my direction. At least a trickle.

Starting early also means that I'll be getting my own vehicle sooner for work purposes and I'm going to have to get on getting it fixed up so I can beat the shit out of it driving around field sites. And since my mom is being gracious enough to give me the van free of charge so she can get something new, that makes me obligated to going around with her to test drive her picks, and mostly just add a male presence. Apparently car salesmen, particularly older ones, don't give much respect to a middle aged single mother going around car hunting. And here I thought all money was good money on commission, their loss, some more open minded person's gain I suppose.

Time to go make something productive of today.

No comments: