full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 15, 2006

Missing Out

Image hosting by PhotobucketDuring the Oscars last week I started making a list of movies that I hadn't seen or at least hadn't seen in a while that I had to take care of. Since then I've been adding more and more to the list as well as watching some of them. I'm embarrassed to even admit some of these movies I hadn't seen.

For one, I just finished watching Natural Born Killers for the first time, I don't know how I hadn't seen it before. Great story, well acted, and a kickass soundtrack. Talk about putting you in a weird mood. Spending a lot of time watching Cheers seasons lately though didn't do a lot for Woody Harrelson coming across well.

And speaking of kickass soundtracks, Grosse Pointe Blank's has to be one of the best one's going. The use of music in movies is key, and makes scenes great when the right songs are used. For me most of my favourite movies also have some of the best soundtracks going. That says one of two things. Either music really is integral to a good movie, or I'm a sucker for the pop or melodramatic music that finds its way to the silver screen. I'm sure its some mixture of the two.

Now to get through about 40 other movies I've got here in my list that's growing faster than I can see the movies already there. I'd say Roger Ebert has the coolest job in the world, but not really, cause he has to sit through all the crap too. A member of one of the award guilds though might be a sweet gig, getting the pick of the crop each year. But I wouldn't be able to pick any winner in most cases and just declare ties all over the place because really art isn't meant to be judged like that. And so the search for the dream job continues...

No comments: