full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 13, 2006

The Late Winter Blahhg's?

Last month the Chicago Tribune published a column suggesting that blogging is on its way out. I know there're those millions of pages out there, mostly annoying myspace pages, that people create, set-up and then never look at again, and while people keep doing that, a smaller fraction actually keep up to date, but at first I was skeptical.

Fast forward to this week where three of the blogs in my list have turned to dead links, and a number of others haven't updated in a week to a month, and I gotta wonder if people's curiosity is waning. Or if people are just fed up with comments from stupid people, which tends to happen on the more popular blogs.

I'm not gonna be giving it up any time soon, even if I'm not keeping on pace with the posts myself, and I'll be leaving those links up there for a bit too, cause I have a feeling those blogs will be back up soon enough. Waiting for the winter to get out of here in general has people down in addition to what ever normal business they have going on.

When you can't live in sunny California and travel to Austin like Tony or be out on the links already (for you golfers out there) like Nick, the winter blahs are more likely to take hold.

Either that or everyone is engrossed with the World Baseball Challenge and watching Canada get screwed, or with March Madness. Well if its March Madness, I'm gonna cater to the masses and create a Yahoo NCAA bracket group. I know some of you out there don't have the first clue about college hoops, but I can't say I'm much better, and that's the beauty of the march to the final four, no-one knows. Group ID#: 73104 Group password: secret. Lets see some of you people in there, posers welcome.

No comments: