full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

March 04, 2006

Saturday Drafternoon

I just sat through the longest fantasy sports draft I've ever been a part of, with the biggest league I've ever been in, which is saying a lot when I've been in 56 leagues since 1999. Actually, that's not all that many, but I slacked off a couple years in there.

Anyways I was also shocked to see almost all of the 18 managers show up for the draft, which is nice. Fantasy leagues where its actually competitive are always the best, cause no-one likes to watch 3 players battle it out at the top while 5 managers sit at the bottom never changing rosters, but never trading with you so you can make an attempt at catching the top.

And there goes two hours and fifteen minutes of my Saturday afternoon. Now its time to drag my sorry ass out of this chair, grab a shower, find some clean clothes, and make some plans to go somewhere and drink, or to go somewhere to get some booze and come back here to drink. These are the most difficult decisions that face me on a typical weekend. But today, choices like "Keith Foulke or Armando Benitez" became the focus.

...One month til opening day!

No comments: