full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

June 27, 2005

Shrimp 4, Me 0

Sometimes in cliche land people's eye's are bigger than their mouths, and their stomachs more coercive than the grey matter upstairs. That was apparently the case for me on Thursday night when I came home from work and had some shrimp that had been sitting in a bowl in the fridge since Monday evening. Sure I questioned its integrity. Sure a couple of the tails had turned slightly yellow and I threw them out, but I simply could not let the good looking ones go to waste.

Skip forward a chapter (we live in the DVD age now after all, no more VHS/Beta for you) to Friday morning. Stomach cramps, running to the bathroom every 10 minutes, and a general feeling of nausea.

This chapter had low budget, poorly scripted sequels on Saturday, Sunday, and today, with a decreasing frequency of the bathroom runs since I thought a reduced intake of food would give me some reprieve from the cramps and for convenience sake, the trips to the can. And now it seems like this anthology has come to an end 4 days later, although some reading of those handy dandy health sites all over Google and Yahoo suggested that food poisoning generally does last 4 to 7 days, so maybe I'm just par for the course.

No comments: