full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

October 15, 2005

Who Needs 'Em

So I wake up at 10:00ish this morning. By 11:00 my messenger program starts crashing and giving me Winblows errors. I, as is the usual solution, restart my computer, only to have it not want to boot up again.

At this point I'm more than mildly aggravated with close to 5,000 songs, 20 movies, and countless irreplaceable pictures on my drive. I try solutions that have worked for me in the past, and others suggested on support forums for 3 hours with no success, so I give in and go out and buy the new harddrive I've kind of been wanting anyways.

This lightens my mind a bit, you know, makes me think I'm in the clear. I hook it up and install Winblows to it no problem....but does it see my old harddrive? Of course not. After further playin around, it won't even boot up if I have my old drive connected.

I already lost 5 years worth of bank records, pictures and the like earlier in the summer, and was only able to recover part of them. That event I attribute to my own stupidity, but this was fully and completely the result of Micro$oft bending me over and giving it to me sans lube. I've lost another batch of pictures, and all the music I've collected and ripped from my own CD's in the past 6 or 7 years, and its not even looking like I can save pieces of them at this point.

I was primed for a great weekend, and then this shit happens.

Mr. Gates, you just visited my school and I missed you, but damnit, you'd best be sleeping with one eye open. Yes I'm pissed. I can almost guarantee you would be too.

I'm known to be anal about the tags on my music, and it took me forever to organize the shit the way I wanted. That said, if you think you can help reestablish my music collection let me know...and those closer to me, if you've got some pics that I've posted and have probably now lost, hook a guy up.

I'm so sick of this fixing computers bullshit.

No comments: