full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 19, 2005

Autumn in the Air

Brisk evenings and cooler and cooler days. The smell in the air as a haul my less than rested ass off to school. The leaves of the maples starting to turn from green to that distinct purple. The pennant races. The NFL Sundays. The NHL training camps. The season premieres of all the good shows. The fact that I'm back in school, and that less than rested me is one year older, and supposedly wiser. It all adds up to one thing, fall.

Every year at this time I get this weird feeling of nostaligia as I think of goin back to school as a kid, and watching the Jays (before the 94 strike) make a run at the championship. The years gettin to know new classes, and new schools. The excitement involved with both the sports and the new chances, and yet, eventually all the leaves fall. The excitement recedes...and the temperature keeps falling, and exams come knocking, and my birthday comes rollin up in the driveway tellin you to get out and party it up, only for ice storms or Christmas celebrations, or exhaustion to ruin all that.

The grass and leaves, and squirrels foraging for walnuts on the lawn all too quickly falls to 2 feet of snow, slushy roads, and excessively cold air.

And once again I get caught looking too far into the times ahead, while thinking about the experiences past.

No comments: