full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 25, 2005

(Old) Man On!

I just got in from the first campus rec soccer game I was able to make this year. I figure if I commit to a team sport, I have to show up, and thus get in shape. But in the mean time, 20 minutes of full field play just rocked me. I only played in the field for the first half and chilled in net for the second half, but wow. Muscles have tightened up that haven't been used since the years as a kid when I played football or baseball 5 times a week.

As a team we played awesome, no-one takes to overly seriously, but everyone knows when to play hard...like bein 2 people down in the first half (and that's my excuse for the first half)...hopefully the remaining two games this week whip my old man body into slightly younger man shape.

At least I didn't make any Paul Scholes like blunders costing my team the game, like yesterday's ManU vs. Blackburn game. Although I racked up some more points for havin van Nistelrooy on my fantasy roster. Yes, sometimes the mildest things in life amuse me.

No comments: