full photostream voidloo. create with flickr badge.

September 30, 2005

Conflict of Interest

I ran into a dilemma in the last week. I really do support my Blue Jays, and want to see them do well. In a division with Baltimore and Boston and New York, even a winning record is a plus, but right now the best I can hope for is a .500 record. That said, the Jays played Boston this week, and did a decent job of playing the spoiler role.

I almost wish that they hadn't. Going into the final 3-game series weekend, Boston sits 1 back of the Yankees, and tied with the Indians for the wildcard spot. In that position, Boston has to win all 3 in New York, or win 2 of 3 in New York, and then win the tiebreaker between them, which I believe is their record against one another. Or they have to hope that the fading White Sox pull their shit together this weekend and lay it to the Tribe.

However, my hope isn't to see Boston make the playoffs, as a Jays fan, I hate everyone else in the A.L. East. Ideally, Cleveland sweeps the ChiSox out of Jacob's Field, and Boston manages to beat NY some how, some way. We all counted them down and out in the ALCS last year. Hopefully they can twist the thorn further in.

Nothing this weekend would satisfy me more than to see the Yankees left out of the playoffs entirely.

No comments: